Climbing Junkie Photo Collection on +Mountain Monday
This is one of my favorite photos. The problem is should I add it to my Climbing Junkie Collection or my Favorite Collection. This time I will choose my Climbing Junkie Collection.
Collections allows me to sort my posts into logical categories to share. It is a new feature today and worth investigating.
For my limited time with collections, I find it is a seamless way to share an individual post the same way as always and it keeps them together in a collection. Now I can share a post or a collection thanks to Google+! If you don't see collections, it may take a day or so to roll out completely.
-Randy
More Good Stuff in the Text Below ... Read More
*************************
Photo
This photo was taken while climbing in Wyoming. The view is from Pingora looking at Wolf's Head.
Climbing-Junkie Story
We did this grade 4 climb after running out of food the day before. That day we had just a small handful of food each in the morning and that was it. We were on the wall for most of the day and passed a team that spent the night before on the rock wall hanging in a hail storm. When we passed them we gave them some of our water because they were in pretty bad shape. They needed the water more than we did and were happy to help them out.
After the climb we took this photo, down climbed to the alpine bottom without ropes, packed up very heavy climbing gear, then hiked out 16 miles mostly in the dark and above the 10,000 ft to our car. My pack was so heavy at the start, but by the time we made it back to the car I was on a runners high and did not feel it at all. I was giddy. I love Wyoming!
Long Version of the Story Another Day :(
That was my short version for this photo. There were many other aspects of the climb that were interesting. On the way in we came across a mother bear with her cub. We were nearly eaten alive by mosquitoes. On this day I took a 40 foot fall on a difficult finger-tip layback in a dihedral. It was a clean fall without hitting any ledges and definitely an adrenaline rush. I then had to pull myself together and lead another difficult section...we usually take turns on the leads.
*************************
Congratulation! If you made it this far, there is more good stuff to come. I have included some slide shows that were taken while climbing.
The Ptarmigan Traverse, Washington Cascade Mountains.(Including photos of this trip) (Use arrow keys)
http://www.panoramio.com/user/2707898/slideshow?tag=Ptarmigan%20Traverse%20Slide%20Show
North Ridge of Mt Stuart Slideshow (Use arrow keys);
http://www.panoramio.com/user/2707898/slideshow?tag=Stuart%20Slide%20Show
Some Personal Favorites (Use arrow keys)
http://www.panoramio.com/user/2707898/slideshow?tag=Personal%20Favorite%20Slide%20Show
Slide show of nameless lakes, un-mapped lakes and others;
http://www.panoramio.com/user/2707898/slideshow?tag=Tarn%20Slide%20Show (Use arrow keys)
Climbing on Eldorado and others on an Ice Cap
http://www.panoramio.com/user/2707898/slideshow?tag=Eldorado%20Trip%20Slide%20Show (Use arrow keys)
Mt Daniel Area (Use arrow keys)
http://www.panoramio.com/user/2707898/slideshow?tag=Mt%20Daniel%20and%20Dip%20Top%20Slide%20Show
Mt Olympus slide show
http://www.panoramio.com/user/2707898/slideshow?tag=Mt%20Olympus%20Slide%20Show
Lake Lyman Area Slide Show
http://www.panoramio.com/user/2707898/slideshow?tag=Lyman%20Lake%20Slide%20Show
Goat Slideshow
http://www.panoramio.com/user/2707898/slideshow?tag=Goat%20Slide%20Show (Use arrow keys)
Thanks for taking the time to look. You comments are always welcome! - Randy
*****************************
#mountainmonday +Mountain Monday +Michael Russell
*****************************
#landscapephotography +Landscape Photography +Margaret Tompkins +Kevin Rowe +Toshi Nakamura +Tony Phillips +Jeff Beddow +Kevin O'Connell Photography +Krzysztof Hanusiak +Dennis Hoffbuhr +Dave Gaylord +Doug Hagadorn +Eric Drumm +RJ Wilner
*****************************
#breakfastclub +Breakfast Club +Gemma Costa +Rob Heron
*****************************
#stunningmoment +Stunning Moment by +Alycia Tsai +Zvonimir Fras
*****************************
#hqsplandscape +HQSP Landscape curated by +Michael Garza +Leo Schubert +David D +Jesse Martineau +Mike Hankey +Peter Marbaise and +Albert Vuvu Konde
*****************************
#promotephotography +Promote Photography +Nikola Nikolski +Naghmeh Khadembashi +Milena Ilieva
*****************************
#showyourbestwork +ShowYourBestWork +Britta Rogge
*****************************
#soothingphotography (+Soothing Photography) curated by +E Cindy, +Massimo Marengo, +Tomoaki Matsushita, +Thomas Welborn and +Naghmeh Khadembashi
*****************************
#alpine #alpineclimbing #randylikestoclimb #climbingjunkie #climbingjunkiestory #wyoming #pingora #wolfshead #collections
*****************************
No comments:
Post a Comment